Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Soap babies all nice and cozy...

Well this old gal finally got up the energy and nerve to make a second batch of soap. For some reason, there was enough energy left at the end of the day to put it all together. I could tell right away that it was going to be a much better batch than the first one. The first batch traced immediately, an indication of too much lye. I also mixed this batch at a warmer temperature which made a big difference in the texture and the pour.

Just look at my sleeping babies all wrapped up in their blankets...er, beach towels. 5 in all. They stay like this for 24 hours and hopefully are gelling as we speak!


I used my Rose hip Jasmine fragrance oil for this one because I REALLY did not like the last sent I used in that ugly batch. I am going to start buying essential oils instead of fragrance oils. Essential oils are actually plant extracts with real benefits for your skin.

Here is my next project:
DOGGIE SOAP!
He's so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment